BCS hires people who embrace the five BCS Core Values of Teamwork, Integrity, Quality, Accountability, and Attitude.
We are now hiring:
In addition to any other job requirements, Bellingham Cold Storage requires applicants to pass a drug screening. Please note that if you have been smoking marijuana, please don't bother to apply. While we realize it is now legal to smoke it, you can't do so if you want to work at BCS. Our drug test is able to tell when synthetic urine is being used for the test. Thank you!
Manages and coordinates procurement functions for capital and non-capital purchasing activities. Solicits and evaluates proposals for the requested parts, services, and/or materials. Negotiates cost and quality for parts and/or materials balanced against operational schedule.
- Purchasing experience
- Firm grasp of basic business math
- Excellent organizational skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
- Experience working in an industrial or mechanical environment
- Self motivated
- Excellent communication skills
- Must fully embrace and accept the BCS Core Values
- High School Diploma, Some post-secondary education
- Familiarity with Kaizen / Kanban a plus
- Familiarity with basic Mechanical Equipment a plus
- Salary $48-53k DOE
- Medical insurance, including access to a free clinic*
- Dental insurance*
- Vision insurance*
- 401K plan*
Other Skills / Training
*Benefits dependent on meeting minimum work requirements.
Interested applicants should send their resumes to
Resumes should be received by April 24, 2015