BCS is an industry leading cold chain logistics company with two large facilities in beautiful Bellingham, WA.
BCS is a family-owned business that has been operating successfully since 1946 and employs 150-200 people.
Bellingham Cold Storage operates the largest waterfront cold storage on the West Coast and utilizes extensive
and sophisticated technology systems. BCS is a professional, forward-thinking and sophisticated company with a
hard-working family culture with exceptional benefits.
BCS hires people who embrace the five BCS Core Values of
Teamwork, Integrity, Quality, Accountability, and Attitude.
We are now hiring:
In addition to any other job requirements, Bellingham Cold Storage requires applicants to pass
a drug screening. Please note that if you have been smoking marijuana, please don't bother to apply.
While we realize it is now legal to smoke it, you can't do so if you want to work at BCS.
Our drug test is able to tell when synthetic urine is being used for the test. Thank you!
Positions may be temporary or union-based.
In cases where a union contract is in effect, any discrepancies between these descriptions and the union contract
defer to the language of the union contract.
Applications for all positions are available at:
BCS Security Office at 2700 Roeder Avenue
(Security Office across the street from guard shack)
Bellingham Cold Storage is looking for a full-time Process Safety Management Specialist who has a well-rounded
PSM and regulatory background.
Job closes on 11/22/17
Responsible for day-to-day support of facility's refrigeration engineering department and regulatory compliance.
- Responsible for continued implementation of PSM program and regulatory compliance of the plant's ammonia and related cooling process systems.
- Provide direction and expertise to facility management to ensure that all regulatory requirements are met.
- Assist the plant in updating, implementing and sustaining plant specific policies, procedures, programs and training related to PSM.
- Maintain a working knowledge of all PSM and applicable state and federal regulations regarding Ammonia refrigeration.
- Provide technical and PSM related training as required.
- Provide technical support for the plant leadership team in regulatory reporting.
- Develop system for addressing any identified deficiencies.
- Provide plant-level support during agency inspections/audits.
- Perform additional duties, as required.
- Minimum: Associate Degree in related field of expertise. Preferred: Bachelors Degree
- Minimum 2 years PSM/regulatory experience, preferably in a cold storage ammonia refrigeration environment.
- Knowledge of federal, state and local environmental standards and regulations
- Excellent interpersonal communication and analytical skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and other computer-based applications.
- Ability to adapt to changing organizational and operational needs.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong team player.
Physical Demands include but are not limited to:
- Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment
- Ability to handle varied environmental conditions (hot, wet, cold, humid), standing/walking/bending/stooping/climbing
- Physical lifting up to 50-lbs occasionally throughout shift.
Exceptional benefit package. Salary DOE. EOE
Resume and cover letters should be mailed to:
Bellingham Cold Storage
ATTN: HR Dept
P.O. Box 895
Bellingham, WA 98227
Or email Resume and cover letter to
Job closes on 11/22/17.
Back to top
Bellingham Cold Storage is looking for a full-time Maintenance Technician who has a well-rounded
This position will report to the Maintenance Foreman/Lead.
- Ensure that safety is first and foremost and demonstrate this through your work and actions
Highly skilled in one or more of the following:
- Welding or equipment fabrication
- High and low voltage electrical and troubleshooting
- Electric motor overhaul and replacement
- Plumbing skills in PVC, steel and copper
- Framing or construction
- Automotive mechanics
- Lead and assist in facility and equipment preventative maintenance
- Work with Operations, Engineering, and Sanitation on departmental improvements and maintenance
- Complete work orders in a timely fashion with quality in mind and communicate with the requester
- Complete assignments from Customers and Supervisors in a timely fashion
- Participate in planning meetings to make improvements to both facility and equipment maintenance
- Valid Driver's License
- Proficient Microsoft Outlook skills
- 3 years experience in the maintenance/construction field
- Excellent communication skills
- Work overtime as necessary
- Take on new responsibilities as directed
- Demonstrate knowledge of appropriate tools
- Good people skills
- Ability to work independently without supervision
- Responsible for decisions he or she makes
- Team player who follows all company policies
Regular Hours: 07:00 to 15:30 Monday through Friday
to inquire about this position.
Back to top