The information provided on this web page will help truck drivers efficiently interact with Bellingham Cold Storage to pick up or drop off products as quickly as possible.
The address of each warehouse is located at the bottom of this page. To best facilitate the loading and unloading processes, a minimum of 24 hours’ notice is required prior to truck or container arrivals. Full details are included below.
Hours of operation:
Deliveries and pick-ups can be scheduled Monday through Friday, from 7 a.m. to midnight.
Weekends and holidays available on request (overtime charges apply).
Observed holidays include: New Years Day, President’s Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Thanksgiving and Boxing Day, Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.
Inbound traffic — before you arrive:
Delivery carriers are required to schedule an unload appointment. A minimum of 24 hours’ notice is required before any truck or container arrivals.
BCS will need the following information to schedule your unloading appointment:
- Account name for which the product is to be stored.
- Name of delivering carrier and estimated date of arrival.
- If it is arriving via container, please provide a container number.
- Description and quantity of product, including case or tote counts and weights.
- List items as they are to be lotted. For example, note whether multiple items are to go into single or individual new lots.
- If lot(s) to be used are existing lot numbers, please provide numbers to be used.
- Note any description, product code, etc. to be used.
- Where the product is coming from.
- Note your order or PO number for easy reference and tracking.
- Note any special instructions or additional information that may be relevant.
Inbound notices can be sent by:
- Fax: 360-671-1259
- Email: email@example.com
- Through WebOPTICS (if subscribed) using the “Inbound Notification” form, which can be filled out online.
Customers who have access to our WebOPTICS warehouse management software will be automatically notified when their product arrives at BCS. WebOPTICS provides real-time data. It is updated as soon as product is unloaded. If you have questions about inbound traffic or access to WebOptics, please call 360-733-1640.
Truck check-in — as you arrive:
All trucks are required to check in before proceeding to a loading dock.
Drivers with appointments made 24 hours in advance will be given priority service. Drivers without appointments will be addressed on a first-come, first-served basis.
Schedule a check-in appointment by phone or email:
- Squalicum/waterfront: located across the street from BCS at 2700 Roeder Avenue, Bellingham.
- The check-in office is open between 7 a.m. and 3:30 p.m. Trucks arriving after 3:30 p.m. can check in at the main gate.
- Orchard/I-5: located at Dock 1, 600 W. Orchard Drive, Bellingham.
- Office on dock 1 is open 7 a.m to 3:30 p.m.
To expedite service, drivers must provide BCS with the following information:
- Appointment time.
- Trucking company or broker name.
- Order number(s) or PO number(s).
- Owner of the product they are picking up or dropping off.
- Destination of the load.
- What the product is and if it is fresh or frozen.
- How much weight or how many pieces.
- Drivers who are not able to provide this information will need to contact their dispatcher to obtain it before a check-in time is scheduled.
- Trucks should be clean and pre-cooled before proceeding to the loading dock.
- BCS’s check-in clerk will issue a gate pass and will direct the driver to the appropriate dock.
- Drivers must show the gate pass to the gate guard as they enter the Squalicum warehouse center, and the pass must be shown at the loading dock.
- Truck drivers are responsible for their load and should be prepared to tell the dock how they want their truck loaded. BCS does not know what every truck weighs or how the weight should be distributed, as every truck is different.
- BCS will only load the amount of weight the truck driver has agreed to carry and, therefore, BCS is not responsible for overweight tickets.
- Truck drivers should be prepared to count their loads in order to sign a bill of lading at the end of the loading process. Modifications of the bill of lading by the truck driver are not allowed unless agreed to by the loading dock foreman before loading.
- Drivers will leave the gate pass with the gate guard as they exit the Squalicum warehouse center.
- Drivers may leave the gate pass at the dock at the Orchard facility, since this facility is not gated.
Inspections take place at Dock 4 at the Squalicum/waterfront warehouse and Dock 5 at the Orchard warehouse center.
A minimum of 24 hours’ notice is required before the inspection of any product. This notice time allows us to locate and stage products for viewing. Through WebOPTICS (login link here or at the top of every page), you can submit an inspection request form. The following information will be needed:
- Customer account name.
- Company name, agency or person that will inspect the product.
- Requested date and time of inspection (to be confirmed by BCS scheduling team).
- Lot number and description of the product to be inspected.
- Order number or PO number, if available.
- Any additional instructions, such as:
- Samples to be taken.
- Number of pallets to be pulled.
- Specific day codes to be pulled.
- Contact number in case questions arise.
Inspection notices can be sent by:
CIC questions can be directed to:
Contact Bellingham Cold Storage
Waterfront Warehouse Center (Corporate Office)
2825 Roeder Ave.
Bellingham, WA 98227-0895
P.O. Box 895
Orchard/I-5 Warehouse Center
600 Orchard Drive
Bellingham, WA 98225
10408 Saratoga Drive
Stanwood, WA 98292