Chilled & Frozen Warehousing
Since 1946, Bellingham Cold Storage has provided frozen cold storage and freezing to many food companies and industries. BCS also handles and stores refrigerated products. On our five campuses — perfectly positioned between Seattle and Vancouver, Canada — we manage 27 warehouses, storing hundreds of millions of pounds of refrigerated and frozen products from small local producers and multinational food manufacturers. BCS offers a wide range of temperatures, including refrigerated storage at 33 F to 38 F and a frozen warehouse at -20 F. All our warehouses are fully managed, and monitored by a Logix refrigeration control system and a team of engineers providing 24/7 coverage. Our customers’ inventory is under the control of our proprietary WebOPTICS warehouse management system. BCS also supports the cooling and freezing needs of our on-site tenants by connecting their freezing and cooling equipment to our ammonia engine rooms.
What can be stored in a chilled or frozen warehouse?
- Dairy and cheese
- Manufactured foods
- Industrial materials
- and more
When you need safe refrigerated warehousing and time-sensitive logistics for your perishable products, Bellingham Cold Storage is the perfect choice to supply the U.S., Canada or countries around the world.
Bellingham Cold Storage features:
Bellingham Cold Storage is perfectly positioned between Seattle and Vancouver, Canada, for more growth:
- Three chilled warehouses, with additional capacity in our other 18 warehouses
- Refrigerated temperature ranges from 33 F to 38 F
- Real-time, state-of-the-art inventory monitoring and management systems — our proprietary WebOPTICS WMS software — with custom programming capabilities
- SQF certification
- USDC inspection office on-site
- 50 truck bays, rail services, refrigerated docks
- Flexible storage solutions with bulk, open, and push-back racking
- Cost-effective delivery of refrigerant to on-site processing customers
- Ideal U.S. location for import and export to Canada and Pacific Rim countries. BCS has a private 900-foot deepwater breakbulk dock
- The potential to support:
- USDA certification